Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Long Overdue...

When I wrote in my last post about how time flies I had no idea how true that would be over the weeks to come. I have a backlog of posts in my head and heart and a lofty goal to write them all down! But first, a new weekly post that I plan to do every week...

(Ummm, I don't actually have a name for the post yet... Any ideas??)


Anyway... this is for my brother.

(Actually... I like that as a post title...)

So this is my brother Danny...

They're so handsome!
He came to visit a few weeks ago and brought along his furry four-legged friend Sampson. Since then Danny made the long journey to Afghanistan to serve our country in his job with the United State Marine Corp and has trusted us to take care of his buddy Sampson while he is deployed. I promised Danny before he left that I would do a weekly blog post for him in the hopes that he can access a computer every once in a while and get a little update on home and family and his puppy. So here it goes!

furry dog-blanket anyone?
Things are great in Colorado! November finally brought some colder weather, but the days have been absolutely gorgeous. It snowed for the first time last night but unfortunately for Sampson, it didn't last. He loves the cooler weather so far and usually hates coming inside. But he's always up for a snuggle before James or I go to bed...

He's such a sweet boy and has been a joy to have around!



they love to "help" cook!

what's for dinner?
Sampson is settling right into Casa de Schreaston (That's Easton and Schreiner combined for those who are confused...) and has become BFFs with Gus (that's Best Friends 4-Eva for those who are still confused...). They play like mad all day long, sleep outside under the stars together, and generally shed enough hair together to knit a medium sized sweater every week.

We take the dogs hiking and running almost every day. Sampson hasn't quite graduated to "off-leash" yet, but my hopes are high that he can run free with Gus and Millie some day! Mom and I say all the time how good he is on the leash (WAY better than his cousins...) so keeping him with us has worked out great!



happy mom and happy dogs



It's been a hard few days knowing Danny is off to a dangerous country on a mission to serve us here at home. It leaves me feeling a little sick inside, a little unworthy, and more aware than ever before of the lives that have been sacrificed for the freedom of our country... but I also know with all of my heart that this is what my youngest brother has been preparing to do for the past 10 years. He's worked so hard, has trained for so long, and has made many sacrifices to achieve everything he has. It makes all of his family and friends so very proud to see his accomplishments and know that his hard work has paid off. I know we all believe this hard work and dedication will serve him well as he flies his helicopter overseas. We entrust Danny and his safety to God every single day. I can't wait to have him home and hear about this journey.


Danny, I hope you know how proud we are of you. You are a good man, a loyal friend, and a great pilot. Take care of yourself over there... Love you!








until next time,
katykatxo

No comments:

Post a Comment